Doors open day gives you access to hundreds of fascinating buildings across Scotland. Every weekend in September you can explore places that are normally closed to the public. Some open up once a year, some just once in a lifetime. Discover the architecture, places and spaces right on your doorstep or explore a new part of the country.
In Aberdeenshire, this year's celebrations are taking place in the Garioch and Formartine Areas on Saturday 17th September. Each event has its own opening times so please refer to the specific locations details.
There is an exciting and varied programme with 22 properties taking part, many of which are doing so for the first time. There will be tours, exhibitions and refreshments at many of the venues hosted by Doors Open Day volunteers.
As well as the properties opening their doors, there will be two historic walking tours running this year; one at Turriff at 12.30pm and an evening walking tour around the Haddo Estate at 7.30pm. Here are some of the highlights:
* A stunning castle opening their doors for free at Delgatie
* Two Masonic Lodges that are not normally open to the public - you are invited to learn more about the history and current practice of the Masons.
* Take a tour of a contemporary private house set within the historic landscape of the Wardhouse Estate.
* The newly acquired Ellon Castle Gardens - until now have always been privately owned and rarely open to the public.
* Discover what took place inside a Mort House and learn more about the contraptions villagers in Aberdeenshire employed to deter grave robbers.
* Visit the serene Elyza Fraser mausoleum, recently acquired by the Friends of Elyza Fraser who have plans for its restoration and repair.
* Discover six beautiful Aberdeenshire churches; including the Tiffany Window at Fyvie Church and Sir Ninian Comper's stained glass windows at All Saints, Whiterashes.
The full list of properties taking part are:
1. Tarves Heritage Centre
2. Auld Post Office in Turriff
3. St Congan's in Turriff
4. Session Cottage Museum in Turriff
5. St Andrews Parish Church in Turriff
6. Delgatie Castle near Turriff
7. Forgue Kirk, Huntly
8. Christ's Church, Huntly
9. The Dutch Barn, Wardhouse Estate (AB52 6YL)
10. Fyvie Church in Fyvie
11. Fyvie Guide House in Fyvie
12. Haddo House Country Park near Methlick
13. Acorn Centre, West Church in Inverurie
14. Masonic Lodge of St Anthony 154 in Inverurie
15. Ellon Castle Gardens in Ellon
16. Udny Mort House in Udny Green
17. All Saints Episcopal Church in Whiterashes
18. Elyza Fraser Mausoleum in Monymusk
19. Garioch Heritage Centre @ The Loco Works in Inverurie
20. Garlogie Mill near Echt
21. Craigston Castle near Turriff
22. Turriff Masonic Lodge in Turriff.